Friday 6 December 2013

Patagonia & Zamberlan

This January I am heading out to Patagonia for the whole month with team of pretty talented climbers. Hopefully if all goes to plan and we'll come away with something pretty cool, but no matter what the outcome is I know it'll be a pretty special trip. I've wanted to visit Patagonia for years, and I'm really looking forward to seeing a bit of South America.

The trip is mainly supported by Rab, as myself and one of the other members are Rab athletes. Thankfully a few other companies have got involved with us and are also supporting us and the trip, is a massive help to us. I'll put a post up soon with more details about the trip and who's on it, but for just now I'll let you know where we're heading.

One of the Companies who is supporting the trip and has graciously decided to Sponsor me is Zamberlan. So I'd like to say a big personal 'Grazie' to Zamberlan. They are an Italian family based company that has been making boots since 1929, and are situated near the Dolomites. The fact that it's a family run company, which is in its third generation , says a lot to me. I have great respect for the Italians attitude towards family. They stay really close and take care of each other.

Their boots are really popular in the Uk amongst the hill walking community, but now they have a great selection of footwear whatever it is you enjoy. From scrambles, rock climbing, ice climbing or high altitude. They got it all.

Mostly I've been using there Ice Tech 2000 boots, which are designed for dry-tooling and ice climbing. I've also been using there Paine 3000 on a day's ice climbing last week, and a pair of the Rapida rock shoes. All of these boots are really well made. You can see the company takes great pride in their work, which is good to know.

I'll soon be putting up a review on these items and more from the company when I get some fun images of me using them. Until then check out their site with and selection of footwear, also have a read about where the company is from and how it began.




1 comment:

  1. I recently went to Perito Moreno in Patagonia and was blown away by the
    experience! The best thing is that you can take this trip and a return
    trip to Iguazu from Buenos Aires for just 20,000 Starpoints transferred
    to LANPass.

    We posted about it here:


    5 reasons why you should visit Perito Moreno, Patagonia, Argentina

    ReplyDelete